Frequently Asked Questions

How do I access a building permit?

  • Currently, the Central Coast Regional District does not issue building permits. However, keep in mind that owners/builders are still required to follow the BC Building Code. For gas/electrical work, permits are obtained through Technical Safety BC.
  • Since 1999, every home in the province has been subject to the Homeowner Protection Act. This Act is in place to protect consumers and mandates that every home in BC must be covered by the Home Warranty Insurance Program.