Deputy Corporate Officer
CCRD is seeking a Deputy Corporate Officer to join our Senior Management Team.
CCRD is nestled in the heart of the mid-coast, the CCRD encompasses some 25,000 square kilometres and includes five electoral areas.
Reporting to the Chief Administration Officer, you will provide support to the CAO, Board of Directors and Senior management by performing a variety of complex and confidential administrative duties associated with relevant municipal legislation, corporate records management, and Board/Committee processes and protocols. This position is also responsible for:
- Advise Chair & Board on the proper conduct of all meetings of the CCRD Board;
- Attend Board meetings and provide recommendations to the Board and staff on parliamentary and legislative procedures, general legal and risk management matters;
- Reviews policies and procedures surrounding legislation; creates new policies resulting from legislative changes; and ensures legislative deadlines are met;
- Manage and schedule Board and other organizational meetings, including overseeing the preparation of meeting agendas and minutes, and Board reports;
- Responsible for administering, updating and development of bylaws, contracts/agreements, and policies/procedures;
- Manage, protect, and preserve the CCRD’s records management system in accordance with the LGMA Records Management System;
- Responsible for the administration of elections (CCRD has a contracted CEO for the 2022 Elections, may be required to act as Deputy CEO);
- Provides Human Resources support by assisting other departments in the hiring of staff and maintaining job descriptions;
- Manage information technologies contract and oversee IT projects;
- Act as the development planning liaison for CCRD;
- Provide oversight to grant writer and reporting requirements, with the objective to maximize grant revenues to the CCRD;
- Oversee customer service and public correspondence including drafting complex letters, reports and memorandums on a variety of issues at the direction of the CAO;
- Provide assistance to the CAO in the implementation of the directives of the Directors;
- Process freedom or information requests ensuring Freedom of Information Act and Protection of Privacy Act compliance;
- Administer oaths and takes affirmations, declarations and affidavits required to be taken under the Community Charter or any other Act in relation to municipal matters;
- Supervise and assign work to the Administrative Assistants & Reception, including coordinating administrative and clerical support to other departments;
- Practice and adhere to WorkSafeBC and CCRD’s policies and procedures;
- Perform additional duties as directed by the CAO
Ideally the successful candidate will possess post-secondary education related to local government with previous experience at a leadership level in public sector corporate administration. Thorough understanding and working knowledge is required of BC Municipal Legislation including the Community Charter, Local Government Act, Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act, Roberts Rules of Order. This position must communicate and interact professionally and effectively with multiple internal and external stakeholders, possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of the provision of municipal services, and be familiar with local government best practices. Flexibility is required to work evenings when necessary.
This is a full-time permanent, exempt position with a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Central Coast Regional District will consider a combination of education, training, and experience when selecting the successful candidate.
CCRD may provide temporary housing for up to 3 months to assist the successful candidate in transitioning to Bella Coola if moving from outside the community.
For a complete job description, please see the Central Coast Regional District Website https://www.ccrd.ca . If you are interested in applying for this exciting career opportunity, please submit a covering letter and resume, along with salary expectations, in confidence, no later than May 31, 2022, to: Chief Administrative Officer, Box 186, Bella Coola, BC V0T 1C0, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.